Initially, entitled ‘Autism in Action’, I recently changed it to Sequence of Leaps, and here’s why. Every few years I find myself taking a giant leap of faith, and gosh darn it, the older I get the harder it gets.
Here’s the thing, I graduated from college with absolute clarity about wanting to be a dancer and choreographer. I come from a family of very impressive and highly accomplished artists. I talk about this more in My ArtsySol Biography.
| Salif age 3, Pavonia Newport Mall, NJ |
Ever since my son’s Autism diagnosis at age 3, I have been faced with having to reinvent myself.
Learning to navigate the world of Autism, and feel on top of my game while doing so, has taken me years. There is no area of my life that my son’s disability does not permeate.
I often can’t help but feel cheated. Yet, I know the wisest approach to coping with my predicament, is to surrender to the assignment fate has so whimsically bestowed upon me.
Having said that, Sequence of Leaps Blog is where I will share all that goes into my son learning to become an independent or at least semi-independent adult.
